Thursday, September 15, 2005

I paused...

I was on my way to work the other day. I saw a man. He looked homeless but he had a luggage bag that had clothes sticking out of the seams. He had a megaphone and he was preaching about the ills of society. He was saying that Katrina was God's judgment on New Orleans. It was a place of sin and filth. God judged it and Katrina came to be. He warned that we have to be mindful because God will judge us all.

He continued but I did not stay to listen. This all that I heard passing by. I like most people passing by thought one of two things, a crazy homeless guy or a crazy bible thumping homeless guy. It gave me pause. I felt a little bit of shame... because I know that all of what "crazy man" was saying half crossed my mind. I know, that what he was saying is a bit ridiculous but if one is a believer. Can you not say it was God's will?

I mostly felt bad for him and continued with my day. I put the thought out of my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home