Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What if Obama wins....


I'm concerned. America's racial landscape is becoming increasing more complex. That is not to say that it was simple before. I think that people will think that the end of racial equalities will come because a black man lands in the White House. Obama wins.... I'm scared that they sub-title will be that America has now overcome it's racist past. American racism dyes with Obama's win. Or at least that is what the American public may think.

This past weekend we learned that Obama is a fundraising machine. He was only 1 million dollars behind the war machine of the Clinton's. But it is a complex time because I'm have trouble rectifying Obama for President when you see, Imus with this radio comments, Michael Richard racist act as KKKramer and the Sean Bell case of New York. Let's not think of the Hurricane that swallowed New Orleans and how that fits in a post-Obama world. There's some serious cognitive dissonance in the American psyche around this.


So, when people ask why I'm cautious about Obama because I do not think America is ready. Look at the news, and you can see why I think America may not be ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home