Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Mental health check

I had dinner with a friend the other night. She is also a friend of my ex-girlfriend. I think that the point and purpose of this dinner is to check on my mental health. I think that it would be fair to state that it was a hard breakup. If you had a good relationship at any point with a person, the break up will be hard. My ex-girlfriend and I had a good relationship.

We talked around the issue. She had been gone for the summer and this past weekend was the only time that we have been able to get together. She wanted to know if I was still hurt. If I'm still angry. Can she see the scares that were left.

I think that I put on a good show. No signs of weakness, or bitterness I was my old charming self. That is if I was ever charming.

I think that my relationship with her will be a little challenging for me. Know that she is also on her side. Like there are sides in breakup.... I feel childish because I want to pull away from her. I do not know if I nervous that she would be reporting back to my ex-girlfriend. I do not what her to tell her that .... I'm not the same... that I still... Like there this is a line in the sand. Like we have to divide friends... Or lose friends because of it.

But dinner was good. I did not have to talk much about myself. We spend our time counseling her with her new romance. There is a man that she met in her summer away. She is planning on going by the home after this year. But the man that she connected with is planning on moving there. She has not felt like this for an man in a long time, not since the man she loved. She lamented that loving and timing are two different things and in this case does not sync. She pondering, if she should change her plans over some feelings. Over a man that she bearly knows... A man that is trying to visit her. This was the center piece of our night out.

But I hope I passed my mental health evaluation....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home