Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ken and Barbie


I know that what I want. I know what I have to do get. But it's against my nature to do what I have to do ... to have it. I want to love the girl... but I know it is best just to love the moments. The question is... do I want the girl.. or do i want a girl. I know that is it only an article that separates them... "a" versus "the". For "the" girl is replaceable and interchangeable but the "a" girl may not be."The" girl is the girl Barbie, a woman that all your boys see, and give you that dap with a quick glance at you, and then their eyes quickly track to her behind. And it's easy, sort of, to get her. Because all you have to do is be a Ken. Ken is only charming in short periods of time. He is aloof because Barbie is not his only interest. He makes her, Barbie that is, compete for his attention. She thinks that she hates this about him, but in secret this is what is keeping her around. For in a life a woman test seems to be what she can control,own and show off as material. Ken is no different, just a little bit more interesting, to control. And the second that Ken let that happens, Barbie wins and they are done. "A" girl is not a Barbie. She seems to be with you for because she believe the two of you and be a unit; can be like one heart beat in two bodies. "A" girl and "the" girl both believe in love. Love just means two different things to them.

The question for me is... do I want to be a Ken?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home