Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Prayed for!!


We stood in a circle
my mother was there
my father was there
my sister was there
my uncle was there
my aunt was there
my nephews were there

We bend our necks, closed our eyes, lowered our heads
And my Grandmother spoke...

But in these next few minutes... I knew what was said.
Not because I was able to parse the words ...

Our mother tongues are different... she spoke in her tongue.
And in this language,
I can only greet you,
and may be ask if you would like more Tea

But I could feel her pleading with God...
Making her case on why the Lord should shower me with his blessing.

I felt what hopes she has for me...
I felt what dreams she has for me...
I felt the love that she has for me...

In this moment I remembered that
I'm a living moment for all those that came before
and I will be template for those follow.

In that moment... although I do not speak... I understood.

Maybe a prayer was answered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home