Thursday, June 27, 2013

To be of Comfort

This is week my friend's brother died. He died of a heart attack at the age of 27. They don't know the root cause of the attack.  The medical staff had to induce a comma. One week later the family decided that he would not wish to live this way. They unplugged him and he passed three days later.

I have called my friend. I have visited my friend. I have given wine.I have tried to be there for my friend. I have played with her 3 year old nephew. But I'm not sure I'm any comfort to her. 

I can't imagine what the last couple of weeks has been like for her, for family. Something that we can't make sense of.  I know that we all grieve in our own way. I don't know when I have seen her, she still in shock. Or if she has broken down in private. But her has seemed strong. 

In the days, weeks and months to come, I hope to be a comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home