Thursday, May 11, 2006

Some people should consider less talking

This story is many weeks old but it is still worth telling. It is starring my housemate’s girlfriend. The story is second hand but I still got a laugh from it. So, this is my friend’s story…

Housemate, Housemate’s girl and my friend go out some Friday night to play pool. My friend is single and has been for a little bit of time now. So my housemate’s girl is always interested in his love life, typical female, not a bad thing. My housemate is busy lining up a shot. My friend and my housemate’s girlfriend have this brief exchange:

My Friend: ___ (Housemate’s girlfriend name) you should bring more of your Junior League friends around.

Housemate’s Girlfriend: I don’t want to be rude… but … Can I be toldly frank with you?

MF:OK…???

HG: I don’t think that you make enough money for them to be interested in you. It’s not like I think that you are a bad person. I think that you are great. I just think that you will not be able to treat them they way that they are used to be treated. But I still think you are great…

MF: ???? ….( looks at her with his head cocked to the side, with a quizzical look on his face) Or at least that is what he told me

My friend is not doing badly for himself. He brought a house, owns his own business and has a full time job. Most of my friends have not brought a home yet.

What… is all I was thinking when my friend told me this… What in her right mind would make her say that? So, you see I’m not the only one, that should consider less talking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right there with you, man.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home