Friday, May 04, 2007

To Match or Not to Match



Internet dating is the norm these days. It seems like everyone does it. The Internet has produced tons of weddings & seems to be a pretty good cupid. But I can't bring myself to start a profile on Match or something like Match. I think that Match.com and it's friends, maybe killing romance. The problem with virtual romance is that ... it's virtual. Virtual, by definition is 'false', right?

Maybe I'm rebelling against the idea of Match because I know that djspeak does not represent me. A written profile is not the best way to get a sense of me. And for me, all profiles, would ring false. If not false, not highlighting my stronger talents. But this is evident when I try to send a simple email to a woman that I have not seen in a bit.

But it's also has me a bit curious. For the nature of first impression are different, for in the way that one seeks a partner. Is it reasonable to wonder if people will lost the ability to 'kick game', 'chat up' a potential partner in person? And if this art is lost... what else are we losing with it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home