Monday, January 16, 2006

I am... My father's son


Life is about cycles. That is what I have been told. This is what I have learned. This is what I'm scared to believe. What does this mean for me?

The cycle that I'm seeing that is making me nervous... Children run to the parents. Children run from the parents. Children walk next to there parents as adults. Children become there parents. This is the way that I see the cycle.

What if your parents not to be emulated? Are you destined to have the same fate as your parent? We know that is not always the case. We know that each individual has the ability to forge there own path. But the how likely is it. Diseases run in families. Some diseases, socially ills, run in families as well. I think that it is a general belief that is out there. I can hear my aunty talking to me about the women that I choose to associate with.

"Good families make good people. Finding a good person can help ensure that you too will have a good family. Good family equals good life."

Is this true of success? Success breeds success. What if you do not see your father as success? Are you tied to his fate? Does mediocrity breed mediocrity? Maybe a judge him too harshly, the example is has put forth is not bad. There are many things that I would like to emulate. He has a good wife, good children and he is loved. Many people would argue that this is success. But it would be a question. I want my success to be unquestionable, for any one that cares to look, they will know that I’m a success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home