Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Finished

I just walked out of my last final for this year. I wish that I could report that I had that feeling when you know that you kicked the ever-loving shit out of an exam. But where was a silver lining waiting for me on my prof's table. He returned to me my final paper that I submitted late. I got an A on the paper... I will fall very south of that on this exam.

I'm almost done with Graduate school. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but my energy and enthusiam is waning. Before I started this program, I was thinking that this is only a starter for me. Not the terminal degree... Because like my father and many universities would like me to believe... the difference between failure and success is simply a matter of degrees.

I want to believe them...
All I have to do is follow the yellow brick road.
Dig in where it has been marked with an X.
Go to the end of the rainbow.
Catch that damn leprechaun.
Slay the dragon in it's dark cave.

Drive my white bronco to freedom....(oh.. that is miss placed)
Land on an Navy Aircraft Carrier and declare victory.

That is all I have to do...

I do not know what is next. All I know is that tomorrow, I will not have to think about school.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, Deji. Congrats. And reading of the dragon slaying, it reminds me that I know of which you speak. BTW - do you think that planes with bad landing gear are the new white bronco? or maybe they're the new shark attack? -Jo

12:09 PM  
Blogger djspeak said...

I would have say that planes with bad landing gears are the new shark attack. But that is just me....

I think that the white bronoc is very "special" american symbol.

And thanks Jo... I hope that I have enough energy for the next semester.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home