Monday, December 12, 2005

More proof that sometimes I should stop talking

This past weekend, I was in rare form. And I know that someone is thankful that the crap that was coming out of my mouth this weekend is only rare. It is started on Friday and did not stop...

This past Friday, it was my roommates girl's birthday party at the Ritz-Carlton in Boston. It is was nice and she is part of the Junior League. Some of her Junior League friends were there. Nice girls, but they are very reminiscent of many woman in Long Island. There was one girl there that had a very low cut cocktail dress. And every time that me or my friend would talk to her , she would lean forward so the person that she was talking to can get a good view of what is filling out her dress. I managed not to say anything silly, childish or immature for most of the night. Dare I say, I was charming. Some people even said that I was "holding court with the ladies of the Junior League."

So it was the end of the night, and a group of us are walking towards our cars. But then, so how my filter breaks... I starting talking about how I would like to have a few aphorisms of my own. The very first personal aphorism I tell them:

One man's meat is another woman's pleasure...


Right after I say that. One of my friends , a cute little Japanese's woman, turns to groups and says" Goodnight, I'm going to the T." Another one of my friends hits me on the arm and informs me that I have scared her off. I think it was a coincidence that she left the group directly after I told my first aphorism.

So one would think that was the only stupid thing that I said that night. That person would be wrong. I had one more gem of the night.

Before heading home we decide to get a burger at Charlie's Kitchen in Harvard Square. But some miracle of God. I start singing the an old song from the 60's. "If you want to me happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. If you want happy for the rest your life get a ugly woman to marry you." My friend's girlfriend that is visiting from Australia just looks at me with disgust. And she informs me, that she may understand why I recently got pinked slipped....


Let this be a lesson to all of you.... Sometimes self-express is not a good thing

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I guess...either that, or else you're just hanging with some pretty square people. I would have thought it was funny, but then again that's why I'm not at parties with the Junior League.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home