Monday, December 05, 2005

Silly boy

I'm that silly boy. I'm damn near thirty and at times I think that I channel my teenage self. So, starting to see this young lady that I'm starting to get a little excited about. I saw her this past weekend and she was telling me about her younger brother. He is seventeen and he is with his first girlfriend. She is relaying his experience about being with a girl and all I can think to myself is man I'm feeling the same thing. He is trying to figure how to navigate his relationship with her. How to be a good boyfriend.

I too, am asking myself these same questions. How is this women perceiving me? How silly am I being? How forward can I be? How honest should I be ? Yeah, honest... You can't be too honest in the beginning. In the sense of how you feel about the woman that you are interested. Because if you show too much interest, that is the fastest way to get a woman to run. So, that advice about being yourself is not competely accurate. People should tell you, be yourself, but slowly.

I think that I have done several questionable things that would get a boy fired from the possibility of being someone's boyfriend. But I have not been given the pink slip yet. With a little luck, I will not get that pink slip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home