Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm an anti-depressant

My friend did not believe me when I told her that, yes it's true,I'm an anti-depressant. It is more accurate to say that my semen is an anti-depressant. This was reported in the news several years back in 2002. Gordon Gallup believes that mood-altering hormones in semen that are absorbed through the vagina can help improve a woman's mood.


Come on, that is cool! People have attacked Dr. Gallup's research and pointed out weakness in his methodology. But it does not mean that he is wrong. So more research is needed. The heart of science is repetition. At this point, I know that it is not ready to be added to textbooks yet. But it is a lovely idea... see honey I'm good for something. And I can make you happy, some scientist have said so.


It's not like that I'm not going to have safe sex. But if I'm in a steady monogamous relationship, I'll offer to pay for half of her pills.


Below are some links for your reference. So you can see that I'm not making this up.


BBC
New Scientist
Salon
Psychology Today

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, you wouldn't have offered to pay for half her pills before you knew having sex would put her in a better mood??

9:41 AM  
Blogger djspeak said...

To be honest, I wouldn't I have thought of it without this new information that I have learned. But upon reflection, I would offer.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why offer to pay at all? The way I see it, you're doing her a service. If anything, she should reimburse you a-la Pfizer.
Try that argument and let everyone know how it works, please.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home