Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's hard out there for a woman....

I have gotten two message from two different women, that gave me pause. One asked me to be frank with her about her looks.. She told that me that she never whats to be “devalued” my a man because of her looks.

Another women, messaged me and told me...

“ i do i am constantly
passed over or passed on by the men whose attention i am trying to
get.
I must simply exude an aura of desperation.
i do, don't i... djspeak? don't I?
i must. “

The crazy thing is that both of these women are pretty, attractive and fun to be around. It upsets me that they feel this way. One just broke up with her boyfriend. It's natural to feel depressed and unattractive. But devalued.... It seems like in her head, that she has made herself out to be an object of sorts. I know what she meant... and that it's in the context of talking about relationships... But it still does not seat well with me.

This makes me think of a track on one of Mos Def's CDs. I have to paraphase... but ... “ You are valuable... not because some guy or girl thinks that you sexy... not because you have a whole mess of money. You are valuable because you have been created by God.”

Faith is good for something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home